At long last, I have found a way to make my infographic. While my initial ideas were good, making them proved to be impossible. While I was sleeping, it came to me: A TIMELINE is the correct and most attainable design. My initial designs were beyond my ability to create. I will update with drafts today!
After further consideration and great amounts of trial and error, I have discorvered that I do not posess the graphical skills to make an infographic related to my topic in a meaningful way. The primary issue: I considered what I wanted to do first, rather than start with what I had the ability to do. This is a reminder of another improtant infographic skill: start by working below your limitations.
ReplyDeleteWhile this approach is generally opposite of my normal approach to most things (invest everything you have in order to get the best possible result), I find this to be a very big lesson: start well below your limitations in graphic design.
I will add to this: Warning folks - charts do not save correctly on infogr.am. Be sure to load your charts off the site to save yourself a great many hours of time.
ReplyDelete