[Week 3]
Today's post: possible choices for Infographic topics:
Set 1: These topics are related to an upcoming study I will be doing this summer:
1) A visual representation of Project-Based Learning: what it is, and what research says about it.
2) Comparisons of 'alternative' teaching methods (Flipped classroom, Project-Based learning, Problem based learning, etc...)
Alternatively:
1) What makes great tea?
2) Home coffee roasting - why and how!
Hi peter,
ReplyDeleteGood to see you found great topics to make infographic. I think they are tightly linked to what we are learning. But still based on my understanding or properly misunderstanding, I have some questions for your ideas. 1) If your reader were a layman of education, how could you explain what is PBL without any term? 2) How to arrange the subtopics within the infographic? 3)How to visualize the research you would mention? You don't have to answer them but you can take it as a voice from a reader of you.
Opposite to the academic infographic, the "quality of life"topics would be easier but takes more time on that. I can't wait to see your infographic in the near future.
Wow, excellent point! A friend of mine described Project Based Leaning as such: "Students learn the content through creating projects that solve real world problems, and then reflect on the process." I like this description because it avoids all buzzwords, makes sense to everybody, and also takes away its halo! PBL is, I think, a great method that should be extensively used. Still, like technology, it is not a panacea.
ReplyDeleteVisualizing the research is the central issue. I'm not yet sure what I will do. I think, if I can come up with good visualizations for my first two choices, then I will use them. If I cannot, then I will go with tea or coffee.
Thanks for the feedback and excellent questions.